Thursday, October 16, 2008

Five Records Before I Die

in the spirit of Bob Boilen's request, Sean and i (after much deliberation) composed our lists. 

Mine:

Laying knowing i'm going to die: Johnny Cash- Live at Folsom Prison

Creeping on the death's doorstep: Nirvana- Unplugged in New York

Accepting this is it: The Decemberists- Castaways and Cutouts

Last Laughs: Mitch Hedberg- Mitch All Together (yeah it wasn't on my original list, but oh well, it'd be worth it)

Fading into the Light: Bruce Springsteen- Born to Run (drawing my last breath as Jungleland ends)


And of course, Sean's:

Realizing I am about to die- Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, so i can remeber all the good things about my life.

Accepting my death and all of my sins- Rum, Sodomy and The Lash

Going out with a smile cause I'm proud of all of my sins- Kick Of The Jams

Realizing the darkness is creeping around me- The Heart of Saturday Night

Going out with a bang- Who's Next, letting the lights go out for good as the band crashes into the finale of "Won't Get Fooled Again"


~P.H.

No comments: